The Digital Finance Outreach 2020 (“DFO”) is a series of events organised in collaboration with Member States in February-May 2020 on fintech and digital innovation in the financial sector to prepare the new EU Digital Finance Strategy.
This will be an occasion to:
- Gather together the key stakeholders in digital finance from across the EU and encourage them to exchange their experiences;
- Create awareness around the Commission’s ongoing and forthcoming work on digital finance;
- Generating publicity to stimulate responses on the European Commission's public consultations;
- Create more collaboration between the various EU fintech hubs in line with the Commission's priority in creating a Single Market for Digital Finance.
The public consultation is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/consultations/finance-2020-digital-finance-strategy_en
9.30am – 10.00am: DG FISMA present their work and objectives + Q&A
10.00am-11.30pm: Roundtable discussion between key Croatian stakeholders, starting with general questions:
- What are the opportunities and challenges in Digital Finance in a time of physical social distancing?
- What can Digital Finance players do to help us navigate through the crisis?
- What do you expect from policymakers in facilitating new business models, applications, processes and products in Digital Finance?
- What can policymakers do to help spark a cultural change whereby innovative thinking becomes part of ‘business as usual’ in developing the EU Digital Finance strategy?
- How do we ensure EU sovereignty and competitiveness in this area, and how can of smaller markets such as the Croatian market contribute to this agenda?