We are delighted to announce that we are hosting a free webinar to explore the role of evaluation in supporting vaccine equity for COVID-19.
The panel will feature:
- Dr Mariângela Simão (WHO Assistant Director-General for Access to Medicines, Vaccines and Pharmaceuticals)
- Gian Gandhi (UNICEF COVAX Coordinator)
- Laura Craw (Senior Programme Manager, Monitoring, at Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance)
- Lois Chingandu (Director: Evidence & Influence, Frontline AIDS)
We will discuss:
- How can real-time assessments help evaluate whether initiatives to distribute vaccines equitably are working or will work?
- What data or evidence is required to ensure that low- and middle-income countries aren’t left behind?
- What role – if any – can evaluative evidence have in addressing ‘vaccine nationalism’? How can the global community rise to the challenge of equitable vaccine distribution?
- What are the in-country challenges and bottlenecks that are being exposed as the vaccine race unfolds? How can we put into place systems to track attempts to address these?
Banner image: istock/Irina Shatilova