Discover how this two-year program funded by the U.S. Department of State, is a path to a career in the Foreign Service for students in IT-related undergraduate or graduate degree programs. The Foreign Affairs Information Technology Fellowship provides up to $75,000 in academic funding over two years, summer internships with stipends, professional development and mentorship. And upon successful completion, Fellows receive an appointment in the Foreign Service as Information Management Specialists.
This webinar is designed for faculty, staff and advisors at colleges and universities.
Our speakers on this one-hour webinar include:
- Patti Boerner, Program Manager for the FAIT Fellowship, U.S. Department of State
- Allen Dubose, Diplomat in Residence, U.S. Department of State
- Blessing Rutonesha, Assistant Program Manager, FAIT Fellowship, The Washington Center
Don't miss this great opportunity to hear directly from the State Department and find out how you can support your qualified IT students who might apply for this unique program. You'll hear:
- An overview of the FAIT Fellowship program and the role of an Information Management Specialist in the Foreign Service
- How the FAIT Fellowship program is aligned with the State Department’s goals to attract top tech talent that reflects the diversity of the United States
- Eligibility requirements, including guidance on what to do if you are unsure whether a degree program is eligible
- What is covered in the academic funding of up to $37,500 annually for two years
- What is required of students who are accepted into the FAIT Fellowship program (such as, summer internships, attending the professional development series, Foreign Service appointment)
- The role of the Diplomat in Residence (DIR) at colleges/universities and how to get in touch with the DIR in your region
- Options for spreading the word – virtual info sessions, in-person info sessions, printed or digital materials from TWC
- And much more!
You'll have a chance to ask questions during a live Q&A session.
If you aren't able to attend the live webinar, you'll get an email immediately after the webinar with access to the replay.