Here is your chance to discover the science of intermittent fasting and caloric restriction from special guest lecturer Dr Michael Mosley, which will not only grow your knowledge but also help you safely support your nutrition clients.
When you complete this CPD/CEU certified webinar, you will learn:
- What weight-gain statistics during the pandemic are telling us
- Utility of knowing a client’s metabolic age – and how to calculate it
- Evaluating the pros and cons of ‘rapid’ weight loss
- The safe (and the dangerous) ways of losing weight rapidly
- How caloric restriction and intermittent fasting influence metabolic health
- Latest research on 800-calorie diets and intermittent fasting
- Impact of rapid weight loss on long-term weight maintenance
- Advantages of having the support of a nutrition professional throughout the process
You have the option of claiming your CPD Certificate, which you can add to your CV when you complete this webinar!
Ready to gain insights from Dr Michael Mosley to inform your practice?
We've considered the many questions from you to Dr Michael Mosley, so expect this webinar to be PACKED with answers and insights!
- Why should we worry about putting on excess body weight, and what are some of the statistics on weight gain during the pandemic?
- Beyond the scales, which signs might be alerting us that we are carrying too much body fat? But how many of us actually pay attention to these signs?
- How is understanding our ‘metabolic age’ useful, and how is this calculated?
- Besides metabolic age as a relationship with BMR, what else should we measure through clinical testing?
- For metabolic health, why does the way in which we lose weight matter?
- What are the pros and cons of ‘rapid’ weight loss?
- How does a sudden drop in body weight alter energy metabolism?
- What are some safe (and some dangerous) ways of losing weight rapidly?
- How might caloric restriction without malnutrition, combined with gentle intermittent fasting, help with safe yet rapid weight (fat) loss?
- What does the research on severe caloric restriction and intermittent fasting show us in relation to metabolic health?
- What are the dangers, side effects, and contraindications of very-low-calorie dieting combined with intermittent fasting? Who is it for, and who is not for?
- How can we ensure the diet is done safely, and what is the ideal duration of such a plan?
Furthermore, we will get Dr Michael Mosley's perspective on questions such as:
- What are the advantages of having a nutrition professional supporting you throughout this process, versus attempting all this on your own? And when is medical referral needed?
- What might be some of the repercussions on hunger hormones, and how can rebound weight gain be prevented?
- How might (safely done) rapid weight loss impact long-term weight maintenance?
- In what ways could we support nutrition clients or patients to safely transition out of this shorter term dietary strategy?
- What else should nutrition professionals and medical doctors keep in mind when putting forward these strategies to clients and patients?
Expect an exceptional session with one of our most prominent guest speakers yet, and remember you have the option of claiming your smart CPD certificate when you complete this webinar!
Dr Michael Mosley has changed tens of thousands of lives with his award-winning TV programmes on the BBC and Channel 4, and international bestselling books.
He's the doctor behind the iconic 5:2 Diet, explores common health myths and offers fascinating insights into the workings of the human body. He does some rather unconventional investigations too: from swallowing a tapeworm to uncovering revolutionary new ways to lose weight, get fit and reduce stress.
Dr Mosley is a science presenter, journalist and executive producer.
He has sold 1.95 million print books in the UK alone with his international bestsellers:
- The Fast 800
- The Clever Guts Diet
- The Fast Diet
- Fast Exercise
- The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet
- Fast Asleep
Michael Mosley’s next title is The Fast 800 Keto, in 2022.
He presented a number of popular science programmes on TV:
- ‘Lose a Stone in 21 Days' - autumn 2020 series for Channel 4
- 'Meet the Humans' - for BBC Earth
- 'Inside Porton Down: Britain's Secret Weapons Research Facility' - for BBC Four
- 'E-Cigarettes: Miracle or Menace?' - for BBC Two
- 'Are Health Tests Really a Good Idea?' - for BBC Two
- 'Countdown to Life: the Extraordinary Making of You' - for BBC Two
- 'Eat, Fast, and Live Longer' - for BBC Horizon
- 'Should I Eat Meat?' - for BBC Two
Dr Michael Mosley's upcoming TV science programmes include '21 Day Body Turnaround with Michael Mosley' and 'Horizon: How To Sleep Well'.
Remember, you have the option to claim your smart CPD Certificate, which you can add to your CV when you complete this special webinar!